Warnings, Scams, Alerts, and Advice on Using this Website Safely
Scammers are particularly prevalent in market places such as classified ad websites like this one, precautions are necessary.
We take this time to reiterate that although we will do everything we can to make this a safe and successful environment to conduct business we are not responsible for transactions between buyers and sellers.
If you think you have been contacted by a fraudulent user or scammer do not reply to their message. Please contact us immediately with their details through the Contact Form.
If you are unsure about a buyer, it can be useful to search the users email address on google to see if they have been reported in the past for this sort of behavior. below our some of the more popular scams out there.
The most common examples of Scam attempts on classified ad websites often involve one of the following:
- An Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country.
- Offering Payment through Western Union, Money Gram, certified/cashier’s check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee.”
- Fake PayPal payment notification emails to your email address (always login to your PayPal account directly through the PayPal website to check for payments).
- Buyers requesting sellers to send hair while money is ‘pending’ in PayPal account
- Requests for video evidence of the hair cutting prior to payment being received
- People asking for personal/financial details.
- People saying they are purchasing your hair for a gift.
- People wanted to pay more than your asking price to cover shipping costs.